The gamigo group is a thriving and fast-growing company within the games market. We have an ample portfolio of online and mobile games at command, including a variety of leading MMO role playing and strategy games. Our company focuses primarily on games operations on the European and American market. With more than 100 million registered users and a broad range of gaming portals, the gamigo group turned into one of the leading gaming providers.
To enhance our team at our location in Berlin at the earliest opportunity, we are looking for a
Senior Web Developer (m/f)
We are looking for a skilled and experienced engineer who will join our web team in a senior role. The ideal candidates will be flexible, enthusiastic, and innovative with a very strong background in web development with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Design, develop, and maintain web based platforms and applications both for internal and for commercial use
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of web architecture, object-oriented software design and implementation
- Effectively communicate with business and product owners to gather software requirements
- Work in close collaboration with team members of IT Engineering and Operations within an agile environment and contribute to every single step of the software development process
- Implement clean working software that is both readable and maintainable
- Work in close collaboration with the IT Engineering leadership to support any major technology decisions
- Contribute to innovation and follow lean development practices in every project
- Share your knowledge and experience with other members of the team
- Experience with large scale and high performance web applications in PHP
- Experience with NodeJS
- Passion for Agile development, with experience in Kanban
- Experience designing high scalable and maintainable APIs, service architectures and components (REST on JSON)
- Fluent in SQL, with experience in database design, particularly with MySQL
- Experience with Git version control systems
- Good communication skills using the English language, both written and spoken
- Self starter, quick learner and team player
- Experience with TDD / BDD, knowledge of Codeception is a plus
- Experience with asynchronous programming, using queue systems and job servers is a plus
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases like MongoDB is considered a plus
- Knowledge of Docker and Jenkins considered as a plus
What we offer:
An exciting and forward-thinking workspace is waiting for you, offering lots of creative freedom and prospects for personal development. In our intercultural and dedicated team, you can work independently and will have the chance to initiate varied projects. Apart from healthy and eco-friendly extras (e.g. fresh fruits every day), we offer further interesting benefits to our employees, which you can find on our corporate website.
Be part of a growing international team in a unique branch and work in a friendly atmosphere with motivated colleagues. We are looking forward to your application in German or English. You can address your application to Elisabeth Bargstädt.